The Examination Cell established since the college affiliated to the University of Madras. The cell consists COE and other respective subordinates, which is functioning as the backbone of the college. The College has sufficient infrastructure for conducting all examinations. The COE office is vested with the responsibility of organizing and conducting both Internal and External Examinations. The cell having meticulous care with every student of our college throughout their career and rendering support with all kind of verifications.Objectives:
- To improve the quality of examination and evaluation so as to ensure the credibility of the Examination system for the betterment of students.
- To ensure the logistics given by the University of Madras.
- To maintain the database of the students for all kind of references.
- To improve the learning and assessing process of the students.
|S.NO||NAME OF THE MEMBER||DESIGNATION||ROLE IN EXAM CELL|
|3.||Mrs. R. SRIMATHI||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR(B.Sc)||COORDINATOR|
|5.||Mr. S. VISU||—||OFFICE ASSISTANT|
|6.||Mrs.D. PRIYANGA||—||CLERICAL ASSISTANT|
Internal Assessment Examinations:
Two cycle tests and one model exam will be conducted every semester and the marks will be updated for the student Internal Assessment. The question papers for internal exams are prepared diligently by our faculty members.
- They have to mention university questions by month and year in the internal question paper.
- Two different question papers (set 1 and set 2) should be prepared without repeating 40% from set 1.
Our motto is that the semester exam question paper should have more than 70 % of questions which would be covered in the internal question papers.
Retest for Internal Exams:
Exemptions will be given to the students those who represents our college in Sports, NCC, NSS & other activities with prior intimation from the department HOD’s concerned and the Principal.
Allocation of Internal Marks:
Two Cycle tests – 10 Marks
Model Exam – 5 Marks
Attendance – 5 Marks
Assignment/Seminar – 5 Marks
Total – 25 Marks
The time table will be circulated and updated in the web site 10 days before the commencement of the internal examinations.
Cycle test Model Exam
Max. Marks: 50 Max. Marks: 75
Duration: 90 Minutes Duration: 3 hours
Syllabus: Units I & II (Cycle Test – I) Syllabus: All 5 Units
Syllabus: Units III & IV (Cycle Test –II)
The University Examinations will be commenced every year in the month of October, November (odd semester) and March, April (even semester) as per the University time table.
Internal Marks – 25 Marks
External Marks – 75 Marks
Total – 100 Marks
40 % of aggregate (External + Internal) will be minimum pass.
University Examination Timings:
FN: 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM
AN: 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM
All proceedings of the University of Madras related to the examinations have been intimated properly to the students as it is prescribed by the University, though they observed notice board regularly.
University of Madras Website: Link: http://www.unom.ac.in/
UG / PG/ Professional Degree Examinations Results – November 2015
Published on 18.02.2016 http://egovernance.unom.ac.in/results/
University of Madras Examinations April’2016 Time Table:
University Syllabus: http://www.unom.ac.in/index.php?route=admission/cbcssyllabus
Ph. no: 044 – 6532 6656
UNIVERSITY OF MADRAS THEORY EXAMINATIONS
INSTRUCTIONS TO THE CANDIDATES
- Candidates who have earned 75% of the attendance are eligible to appear for the University Examination.
- Candidates should refer the notification in the College Notice Board for the appropriate exact date of commencement of Examinations.
- All the seats in the Examination hall are arranged as per the Hall Ticket Numbers. Students should occupy the seat as per their register number given in the hall ticket.
- No Candidate will be allowed to write the examination without the IDENTITY CARD issued by the College.
- The Candidates are necessarily required to bring their Hall Tickets and show it to the official concerned whenever it is required.
- The candidates should fill all the columns on the front page of the answer script compulsorily, and should ensure that the invigilator’s sign on his/her answer script. (Answer scripts without the signature of the Invigilators shall NOT be evaluated.)
- Candidates should start writing the examination only after verifying the question paper as to whether it belongs to them.
- Candidates should write the answers in legible hand writing and should use only blue or black (Ink Pen or Ball Pen).
- Possession of Mobile Phones/ I-POD in the Examination Hall is strictly prohibited.
- No candidate is permitted to write anything on the Question Paper, except his/her register number.
- MALPRACTICE- Candidates indulging in any kind of malpractice in the examination hall will be seriously dealt with any of the following will be deemed to be malpractice and action will be taken against candidate indulging in them.
- Bringing any book, manuscript, photograph or other materials to the examination hall except authorized one.
- Copying from the neighbor’s answer book or from notes, books and other materials or/and allow others to copy from one’s answer books.
- Communicating with person outside or inside the examination room.
- Disobedience of the instructions of the Chief Superintendent, additional Chief Superintendent or Invigilators or flouting their authority in any other manner/ non-observance of any of these instructions.
- Intimation, assault, use of abusive language or any kind of misbehavior towards Superintendents / Invigilators either within the premises or outside the exam centre.
- Taking answer booklets out of the exam hall.
- Any violation of the proper conduct of examination.
|RANGE OF MARKS||GRADE POINTS||LETTER GRADE||DESCRIPTION|
|CGPA||GRADE||CLASSIFICATION OF FINAL RESULT|
|9.5-10.0||O+||First Class – Exemplary *|
|9.0 and above but below 9.5||O|
|8.5 and above but below 9.0||D++||First Class with Distinction *|
|8.0 and above but below 8.5||D+|
|7.5 and above but below 8.0||D|
|7.0 and above but below 7.5||A++||First Class|
|6.5 and above but below 7.0||A+|
|6.0 and above but below 6.5||A|
|5.5 and above but below 6.0||B+||Second Class|
|5.0 and above but below 5.5||B|
|4.5 and above but below 5.0||C+||Third Class|
|4.0 and above but below 4.5||C|
|0.0 and above but below 4.0||U||Re-appear|