B.Sc (Computer Science)
The Department of Computer Science was established in the year 1998 with the objective of affording quality education in the field of Computer Science. The Department has modern facilities for teaching and learning. It offers a wide brigade of research opportunities and programs of study at undergraduate and post graduate level since its establishment. It has been not only offering quality education but also meeting the need of time by imparting the updated and latest practical knowledge regarding the computer science and information technology.
The department of Computer Science is one of the growing departments, which has witnessed well equipped separate computing labs for undergraduate and post graduate students. The guidance and cooperation of the experienced faculty members is one of the attracting features of the department, which enlivens the students to stretch their wings. So that they can fly higher than their dreams and serve the country. The Department is running with well-defined motto in enduring “quality education” and “Professional Excellence” to bring bet out of our students to excel in this competitive world. The students graduating from this department get placement in the leading IT industries. The companies like Infosys, CSC Sutherland Global Services, ICICI, prefer to provide placement to our students for their values and professional commitment.
To produce highly qualified and motivated graduates through a rigourous curriculum of theory and application that develops the ability to solve problems, individually and in teams.
Creating knowledge of fundamental principles and innovative technologies through research within the core areas of computer science and also in inter-disciplinary topics.
Serving the communities to which we belong at local and national levels, combined with a deep awareness of our ethical responsibilities to our profession and to society.
To contribute effectively to the important national endeavour to produce quality human resource in the information technology and related areas for sustainable development of the country’s IT industry needs.
To advance the state of the art in computer science and engineering by working on cutting edge research topics, publishing quality research papers and filing enduring patents.
To serve the local and the national community by creating awareness about IT related products and to impress upon then the importance of knowledge management.
|04.02.2015||Network Security||Mr.R.Karthikeyan,Hod Dept of CS,Veltech Multitech Eng College|
|11.08.2015||Advanced Database Management Systems||Mrs.Nirmala,Senior Software Engineer,Sysmind Technologies.|
|09.03.2016||Current Trends and Future of IT||Mr.D.Prem Kumar Assistant Consultant – TCS, Chennai. ( Alumni )|
|17-02-2023||Data science lecture||Dr. M. Malathy|
|1||19/8/2015||OOPS CONCEPT||Mr. S.GnanaMuthu, Senior Software Engineer, Tata Consultancy Services.|
|2||11/2/2016||BIG DATA||Mrs.Nirmala,Senior Software Engineer,Sysmind Technologies.|
WORKSHOP ATTENDED BY STUDENTS
|1||27/02/16||STATE LEVEL WORKSHOP-CAMPUS CONNECT|| |
SOKA IKEDA COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCE FOR WOMEN
|SUSI-I BSC A PAVISHREE- IBSC A ,MONISHA-I BSC A ,RAHAMATH NISHA-I BSC A JAYALAKSHMI- IBSC A|
|2||02/03/16-04/03/16||ENTERPRENEURSHIP AWARNESS CAMP||E-DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE OF INDIA-GUJARAT||YAMUNA-I BSCB,DAYANA-I BSC B,|
MANASA-I BSC B,THAVAMANI-II BSC A,SIVARANJANI-II BSC A,REKHA-II BSC A,
PRIYANKHA-II BSC A,NANDHINI-II BSC B,MYTHRAYAE-II BSC B,VANITHA-II BSC B
PRATHEEBA-III BSC,JEYALAKSHMI-I BSC
WORKSHOP ATTENDED BY STAFF
|1||27/02/16||STATE LEVEL WORKSHOP-CAMPUS CONNECT|| |
|NAME OF THE FACULTY||Designation||Qualification||EXPERIENCE||Area Of Interest|
|MRS. N.CHAMUNDESWARI||Assistant Professor||MCA, M.PHIL,NET||18 YEARS||DATA MINING & WAREHOUSE|
|MRS. R.SRIMATHI||Assistant Professor||M.Sc.,M.Phil.,||6 YEARS||CLOUD COMPUTING|
|MRS. C.SELVARANI||Assistant Professor||M.Sc.,M.Phil.,||5 YEARS||SOFTWARE TESTING|
|MR. M.SRIDHAR||Assistant Professor||MCA||4 YEARS||DATA SCIENCE & CYBER SECURITY ANALYSIS|
|MRS. R.GAYATHRI||Assistant Professor||MCA, M.Phil||15 YEARS||OPERATING SYSTEM|
|MR. M.MAHENDIRAN||Assistant Professor||M.SC.,M.Phil||3 YEARS||SOFTWARE ENGINEERING|
|MS. C.MADHUMITHA||Assistant Professor||MCA, M.Phil||9 MONTHS||DATA WAREHOUSE & MINING|
|MRS. S.REETA||Assistant Professor||MCA, M.Phil||12 YEARS||MOBILE COMPUTING|
|MRS. J.SUNITHA||Assistant Professor||M.SC.,M.Phil||6 YEARS||SOFTWARE TESTING|
Our Department “COAD-THE CLUB OF ASSOCIATION AND DEVELOPMENT” cordially organizes various Inter collegiate Competitions.. The Departmental Activities are:
List of events organized during the year 2022-2023.
- Online Workshop on installation of “Operating System “ held in July,2022.
- Lecture on “BOAT” held in August,2022.
- Technical Seminar on the topic: “Seminar on Power-Bi” held in September 2022.
- Intra Department Workshop on “ Cloud Computing” held in December,2022.
- Intra Department Seminar on “Cracking an Interview at First” held in January, 2023.
- Inter Department Competitions named “TECHQUEST” held on February, 2023.
- Guest lecture on “Data Science and Big Data Analysis” held on February,2023.
Inter Department Online Event named “Tech Buzz “ held on March, 2023
To realize our vision we must achieve the following goals:
- Undergraduate Programs: The goals of our undergraduate programs are to
(1) teach students how to use computers effectively, creatively, and intelligently;
(2) teach computer science as a multifaceted, humanistic discipline of problem solving;
(3) provide up-to-date curricula in the technical and scientific knowledge needed for the professional and academic goals of our students;
(4) encourage and participate in interdisciplinary undergraduate educational opportunities at Veltech Ranga Sanku Arts College;
(5) teach students how to acquire new knowledge, independently, in a world that changes with ever increasing rapidity;
(6) provide students with experiential learning opportunities; and
(7) educate an increasing number of undergraduates in CS to meet the growing demands of the regional and national economy.
- Undergraduate Service to non-majors: Provide high-quality service courses to an increasing number of students outside of Computer Science, ideally eventually to all students at Veltech Ranga Sanku Arts College to adequately prepare students to meet the challenges of this Digital Age.
The importance of computer science is increasing rapidly in the global markets. So, the students who have completed their B.Sc. Computer Science has many career opportunities such as game developer, IT consultants, lecturer. Various job opportunities with their roles and responsibilities are given below:
- Game Developer: The role of Game developer is to develop video games for computers, mobile devices. Game Developers write codes and implement the game features. They are also responsible for creating visual content for the games. Some of the game developers’ companies are Zebu Games, 99Games.
- IT Consultant: IT Consultants help companies to meet their business requirements by analysing their IT systems such as IT infrastructure, designing of technology solutions.
- Web Designer: The role of a Web Designer is to design a layout of the website by coding and programming. Technical and Graphical related work are also done by the web designer.
- System Analyst: System Analyst solves computer-related problems. They also set up software and hardware, installing software to increase the efficiency of the system.
- Database Administrator: The work related to database management, performance monitoring, data recovery, storing and organising data are done by Database Administrator.
- Lecturer: The role of a Computer Science lecturer is to provide knowledge to the students related to hardware, software, networking. Students can become lecturers in higher schools, universities, institutes.
- Network Engineer: The role of the network engineer is to build and maintain the network infrastructure required by the organisation. They also check the configurations of the routers and switches whether they are functioning properly or not. Companies like Ericsson, Huawei, Airtel hire for network engineers.
Scope of B.Sc. Computer Science
After completing B.Sc. Computer Science, students have a high scope for their future career or they can also go for higher education. As the IT and software companies are growing day by day, so many job opportunities are available for the freshers who have completed B.Sc. CS. Computer Science is a very important part of the public sector as well as the private sector in the field of networking, information technology, schools, banks. There are many job opportunities for the students who have completed their B.Sc. in Computer Science. They can get placed in multinational companies as a software engineer or data analyst. They can also start their own business as an IT consultant. Students can also get placed in schools or universities as a lecturer. Types of job sectors for the students who have completed a B.Sc. Computer Science are given below:
- IT and Technology
- Security and Surveillance
- System Maintenance