The Department of English was established in 1998. It meticulously strives to deliver education in the English language at Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels. The department offers various language development courses for UnderGraduate (UG) And PostGraduate (PG) students. The department aspires the students to acquire proficiency in the required four communicative skills- listening, speaking, reading and writing. It also nurtures the students to think critically, communicate efficiently, and write professionally.
To become a quality driven centre in Language and Communicative English that fosters critical and creative thinking, reading, writing and to be multi-leveled both nationally and internationally.
- Inculcating the desire to become good professionals and grooming them with communication skills and abilities to the expectations of corporate and industrial sectors
- Training to adhere to the changing conceptions of language, text, literature and interpretation.
- Imparting critical and creative thinking; and writing skills as a computer practice laboratory for gainful employability.
|NAME OF THE FACULTY||QUALIFICATION||DESIGNATION||D.O.J||EXPERIENCE||MAIL ID|
|R KARTHIKEYAN||M.A., M.Phil., B.Ed.,||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||22.06.2012||11.5 Yearsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|RAMESH C||M.A.,M.PHIL.,B.ED||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||20/06/2016||6YR 7 MONTHSemail@example.com|
|S ARCHANA||M.A,B.ED,M.PHIL||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||15.6.2018||7 YEARSfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|SUBASH CHINNAPPANATHAN P||M.Phil ENGLISH||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||21.06.2019||3 YEARSemail@example.com|
|M DHANANCHEZHIYAN||MA., M.PHIL.||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||08/07/2019||3 years firstname.lastname@example.org|
|ANNAPURANI P||M.PHIL||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||24-Jan-11||15 YEARSemail@example.com|
FOUNDATION ENGLISH FOR ARTS AND SCIENCE
- COMMUNICATIVE ENGLISH I
- COMMUNICATIVE ENGLISH II
- LANGUAGE THROUGH LITERATURE I
- LANGUAGE THROUGH LITERATURE II
PROFESSIONAL ENGLISH FOR ARTS AND SCIENCE
- PROFESSIONAL ENGLISH FOR PHYSICAL SCIENCE I
- PROFESSIONAL ENGLISH FOR PHYSICAL SCIENCE II
- PROFESSIONAL ENGLISH FOR COMMERCE AND MANAGEMENT I
- PROFESSIONAL ENGLISH FOR COMMERCE AND MANAGEMENT II
- ESSENTIAL OF SPOKEN AND PRESENTATION SKILLS I
- ESSENTIAL OF SPOKEN AND PRESENTATION SKILLS II
- LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION
- SPOKEN AND PRESENTATION
|S.NO||NAME OF THE EVENT||DATE||TITLE||RESOURCE PERSON|
|1||Guest Lecture||8/4/2022||Communication Skills – Need of the Hour||Dr.S.Nirmala, Assistant Professor, Presidency College, Chennai|
|2||Inaugurations of English Language Club||3/11/2022||Club Inauguration||Dr.M.R.Bindu, Professor & Head, Department of English, Vel Tech University|
|3||Guest Lecture||3/2/2023||English for Competitive Examinations – An Overview||Dr.G.Visalam, Assistant Professor & Head, The Madras Sanskrit College,|
Date: 08/04/2022Topic: Communication Skills – Need of the HourChief Guest: Dr.S.Nirmala, Assistant Professor, Presidency College, Chennai Participants: I Year students
Inaugurations of English Language Club
Date: 03/11/2022Purpose: The primary goal of English Language club is communicating and practicing English Language Skills – Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing. The Club motivates students to participate in various academic events and it makes the students feel confident and comfortable using English language. It helps to overcome the fear of English language among the students.
Students Participation in Club Events
Topic: English for Competitive Examinations – An Overview
Resource Person: Dr.G.Visalam, Assistant Professor & Head, The Madras Sanskrit College, Chennai
Participants: I & II Year students